CMore 6.53 Save Files Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMore 6.53 Save Files Issue

I've been designing a program offline but every time I make minor changes and save the new revision the save file GROWS... For example, the file starts out at 80 Mb, then after a few minor revisions it's at 240 Mb... a few more revisions after that and it's over 500 Mb... I only just noticed when I went back to reload one of them. What is happening?

That is a bug in 6.53. It will be fixed in the next release.

There is a work around that prevents it. It only happens with the first project you open when you start the software. So open a dummy project, close it then open our project. But this will not fix the size issue in the existing project.

There is a “Hotfix” available. Please contact Technical Support and tell them you we’re told here by HMI Eng there was a fix, if you want access to that temporary version.

Comment

Originally posted by HMI Eng View Post
      That is a bug in 6.53. It will be fixed in the next release.

There is a work around that prevents it. It only happens with the first project you open when you start the software. So open a dummy project, close it then open our project.
      Please provide clarification - I don't feel like experimenting this morning...
      Is this every time we open this software version that we must do this -- or only the first time after installing this version?

Comment

Thank you for your response, that work around actually did it. I can live with it for now. kewakl Any time you open the software for the first time, just open a fake project, close it, then open the actual project you need. It's very, very strange.

Comment

I just checked my files I saved from the panels and have seen the same issue. The original files are around 500k I did some minor adjustments to a few panels and the file size is now over 3 megs (6 times bigger then the original)

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X