C-More Returning Wrong Screen Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-More Returning Wrong Screen Number

I have a EA9-T7CLR. When the PLC is first started we display a Splash screen with Logo for 15 Secs (Screen 11) at the end of the timer, we then send the C-More to the Home Screen (Screen 1).
    It works most of the time, but every now and then the display stays on the Splash screen 11. I added a Rung to enforce sending the C-more to the home screen at the end of the delay, by doing a compare to Current Screen #, and at the end of the delay, if it did not go to 1 by testing screen number, send it to 1. We just had a power failure and it did it again, and is stuck on Screen 11.
    Looking at the monitor mode of the Brx, it shows the D register that returns the Panel to PLC value as 1, which is the Home Screen, but the C-more is still displaying Screen 11. If I cycle the power, all will be back to normal. I am concerned about shipping they system to the customer, with this intermittent issue.
    Thoughts or ideas are welcome.
    Thanks
    David

Create a timer enabled if requested screen number is not equal to actual screen number, try about two seconds. If it times out then set the requested screen number to the current screen number for a couple of seconds then back to the origional requested number. The CMore has to see a change in the requested number to act.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Sort of already doing that, I think.
      The CMore start screen (Splash Screen) is 11 on power up.
      I watch the returned value from the CMore as to current screen, and when it returns 11, I know the CMore has finished initialization, and is up and running with Splash Screen displayed.
      I then start a 15 second timer (offdtmr) to leave the Splash screen up for 15 sec. and while the timer is running I send an 11 to the Cmore for good house keeping. (think I am going to send a 999 instead)
      At the end of the timer, I check to see if the screen is 11 and then send to 1 to the home screen.
      I check to see if it is on the splash screen 11 so that after the 15 sec timer, I always do send back to home screen.
      My issue is, the screen is still displaying 11 while the returned screen number is showing 1.

Now that I am narrating my code line by line, I am going to change my Send to Screen 11 rung during the timer (which the display should be at from the 'Start Screen' value in the Cmore) to a 999 to clear the buffer. Then keep an eye the the returned screen value. I also was using a D register to pass the value, and have changed it to a V, it should not matter, but just in case.

Thanks for the input, and I will let you know how it goes.
      Thanks
      David

Comment

Since you mentioned this was a power up I assume both the BRX and the CMore are powering up. It may be a race condition with the CMore sometimes winning, going to the splash screen and writing the 'current screen' value before the BRX was ready to receive it. Your plan to write the 999, an unused screen number I presume, may help.
        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Your race idea might be it, and the 999, will probably solve it. I can never make it happen by turning the power off and on again. The Brx always comes up way before the CMore initializes. I only find the system stuck on the Splash screen, with the 15 sec timer complete, when there is an issue with the power utility. I am thinking that is where the problem might be, if they both start at different times due to a brown out condition, as the power supply comes back on line. Time to take out the variac..

Comment

Working...
          X