Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strings C-More/Do-More Special Characters/Symbols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strings C-More/Do-More Special Characters/Symbols?

I'm trying to insert a symbol into a string with a mix of literals and a real number. The symbol I'm trying to get in is the "micro" symbol, (Hex B5). The STRPRINT instruction status in the Do-More shows the symbol properly, but the C-More dynamic text object just shows a blank space where the symbol should be. I have unchecked the default font option in the dynamic text object. Is this a limitation of the C-More, or am I doing something wrong?
    /EDIT
    Just playing around I inserted a micro symbol into a Word document, and pasted into a static text object in a C-More project. The micro symbol shows up fine in the simulator. So I created a static text object in a project in a live panel with the same, it it worked too.
    /EDIT

/EDIT2
    Played around a bit more, and tried a couple of different hex values for symbols that will work in a Do-More String, and sent them to a dynamic text object in the C-More. No joy.
    /EDIT2
    Last edited by Dean; 10-13-2015, 02:22 PM. Reason: Clarification

Just to put a pin in this subject. I have attached a couple images. The first is screenshot of a C-More screen with 2 text objects, static and dynamic. The static text shows the insertion of the degree symbol. The dynamic object uses a string (SS33). The second image is from Do-More Designer showing the STRPRINT instruction that creates SS33. As you can see, the instruction data does not show the degree symbol, but the script does. Loading a data view for the string and setting it to quoted, you get this, "Temp Sensor 1 20 $B0C " showing the escaped character. B0 is the hex value for the degree symbol.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just wondering if there's been any progress on this?

How are people putting symbols on a dynamic text field in the C-More?

I realize I can try and position a dynamic field next to a static symbol, but this creates a formatting nightmare (alignment issues when the number of digits change, etc.).

I've tried the same things suggested by the OP, but no luck.

Comment

Working...
      X