CMore File Transfer Over Internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMore File Transfer Over Internet

I have all my C-More screens connected to my local intranet inside the plant. Which is really great! I can do a program change and never walk out on the floor, all done from my office.
    The problem is when I ping one of the screens I get a response of around 32ms. When I access my intranet from my house over a cable modem I get a ping time of 230ms. I can access all of my plc's over the internet from the house with no problems. I love this feature because I'm able to troubleshoot the equipment from the comfort of my house.
    Does anyone know how to edit the timeout time that the C-More screen software on your PC uses to access the screen. I'd like to increase the time to around 300ms.
    Bill Floyd

I am assuming you are connecting through a VPN connection.

1) When you "Browse" for the panel, select the "Offline Link List" Tab and type in the IP address of the panel. The "Online Link List" will not find the panel. If the connection is made, when you select the panel you have added, the OK button should be selectable.

2) Make sure Port 9999 is open on your network. This is the port used for project transfer with the C-more. You can find a whole list by searching for "Ethernet Connections Port" in the Help File. See the bottom of this post for a list of port numbers.

3) Last Option: The default Ethernet timeout is 3 seconds which should be plenty. To change default timeout for the connection between the programming software and the panel, add following 2 lines to the EA_.ini file: (make a backup of the file first please)

[APP]
    PanelTimeout=3

The units are in seconds.
    Ethernet Connection......Port Number

Project Transfer...........9999

Pass Through..............11110

Email........................25

Web Server...................80

FTP..........................21 (Default, but user selectable)

Modbus TCP
    Entivity Modbus TCP.........502

Direct Logic Ethernet.....28784

Ethernet/IP...............44818 (Explicit Messaging over TCP & 2222; I/O messaging over UDP multicasts)

[This message has been edited by HMI Eng (edited 01-12-2007).]

Comment

I am using a Blue Tree cellular modem that has reserved 9999 and I cannot use it for port forwarding. Is their another port I can use? I am also inquiring at the modem manufacturer if they have a work around.

Comment

9999 is the only port that can be used for Project Transfer.

Comment

WHAT IS THE uLogiX 1100 port used in the CMORE setup ?
          if DL is 28784 how is Allen Bradley's differ?

Comment

WHAT IS THE uLogiX 1100 port used in the CMORE setup ?
            Ethernet/IP...............44818 (Explicit Messaging over TCP & 2222; I/O messaging over UDP multicasts)
            It is 44818 as shown in the chart.

if DL is 28784 how is Allen Bradley's differ?
            I'm not completely sure I understand your question. Each application has its own listening port. Allen-Bradley has a few, 44818 being one of them and 2222 being another as shown above. The ECOMs in the DirectLogic system listen on 28784. Modbus is 502. Etc...

Comment

3) Last Option: The default Ethernet timeout is 3 seconds which should be plenty. To change default timeout for the connection between the programming software and the panel, add following 2 lines to the EA_.ini file: (make a backup of the file first please)

[APP]
              PanelTimeout=3

The units are in seconds.

So does this mean that for bigger log files this setting should be changed?

Does it matter where in the ini file I put these lines? I didn't see any other timeout variables in the file.

Comment

That setting has nothing to do with logging. It is for the timeout when transferring a project.
                If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Log files

In that case can you give me any tips for optimizing log file emails from the touch panel? I have almost a mb of log data at the end of the day for our machine. I enabled the SYS ERR EMAIL ERR bit in the event manager. It is setting that bit every night during the midnight log transfer and my log file isn't making it out. Any suggestions?

Comment

Other than reducing the size of the log file, there really isn't much that can be done from a C-more standpoint.

Network traffic might be an issue. If you are using the C-more to get information from your PLC's over Ethernet you might be bogging the transfer speed down enough that the email server is timing out.
                    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                    X