Background screens in C-More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background screens in C-More

It doesn't appear to be possible to nest background screens in C-More, i.e. use a screen that has a background screen as a background screen in a third screen. The objects on the lower level background screen don't show up. Does anyone know how to do this?

I dont think you can nest background screens, I get the same thing you got.

1) Screen 2 is using screen 3 as the background screen
    2) Screen 1 is using screen 2 as the background screen
    3)Screen 3 never shows up on screen 1...

If you are using the latest version, 1.30 07.21A, I do believe there is a bug with background screens. If the C-More is displaying a screen that uses a background screen, the C-More seems to only read the tags on that screen once and does not read them again until you leave that screen and go back. Also, If global tags, like if you have graphs, and especially if there logging data to a flash drive, the graphs never gets updated while you are on a screen that has a background screen.

I do not know if this has been reported yet, but I'm going to e-mail, tech a bug report with the project I have that was doing that.

That problem was not there in the previous version of C-More.

Comment

This is fixed in version 1.31 Build 7.27
      http://support.automationdirect.com/products/cmore.html

Comment

I am confused by what "this is fixed" means. Is the Sustainable's nested background screen thing fixed, or is DavL's bug fixed?

It doesn't seem that the nested background thing is fixed in the 7.27 build, and I too would like to be able to use C-More this way.

Comment

I apologize, I had tunnel vision and was thinking about only one issue.

The nested backgrounds will not be fixed. It is part of the software specification. There are too many problems that can be created by this. for example Screen 1 as the Background for Screen 2 which is the Background for Screen 1. This is a simple one. so we only allow one level of background screens to be visible and active.

The issue that is fixed is the objects in the background not updating or working. Version 1.3.7 21 and 21a both had an issue with overlapping objects. So the issue DavL mentioned:

"If the C-More is displaying a screen that uses a background screen, the C-More seems to only read the tags on that screen once and does not read them again until you leave that screen and go back. Also, If global tags, like if you have graphs, and especially if there logging data to a flash drive, the graphs never gets updated while you are on a screen that has a background screen."

This has been fixed. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but..... If this idea of nested background screens makes is ever up for discussion as a feature again, I would like to raise my hand to vote for its development. I understand the looping references that can be caused, but it would be beneficial. For example, I have a Banner on my screens with some navigation buttons that should appear on every page. I also have a number of sub-groups that I would like to create background screens for. It would be nice if I didn't have to put the banner on each background page.

Comment

Working...
            X