This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Testing of 404 Errors

Testing to see if we can duplicate 404 errors.

First Post

If I don't get the error then everything should be OK.

Comment

Reply to first post.

Looks like it worked. What about a follow up post? Preview first to see if that works.

Comment

Now for a long follow up post.

PackString (PKS) (using a numeric tag) determine the length.
        PKS requires that I know how long it will be.

eg. If I supply a 3-digit integer, Fine, if I know.
        If the integer value can be from 0 to +2,147,483,647 , I have to test for each order of magnitude for PKS to work.
        Then imagine testing floats....

Truncate string - remove whitespace, leading or trailing - not inter-string spaces
        other programming environments allow this:
        one or another variation of TRIM, STRIP or recursive test for whitespace and replace

String handling in P3K requires that you either know or test for string content. When Packing changing numerics into strings, I can't know at design-time, so this requires a lot of overhead code to test the numeric before converting -or- a lot of packing/extracting/comparing to whitespace and remove contiguous blocks of leading/trailing whitespace.

And that concludes the test of the really long message to see if we get a 404 error.

Comment

Special character testing

This is a test for special characters.

Maybe the phrase "converting -or- a lot of packing/extracting/comparing to whitespace and remove contiguous blocks of leading/trailing whitespace." confuses the comment editor.

What about single quotes like this ' is that a problem.

/This is the first character slash test.

Dash -testing- is on this line.

What about control characters. C-z C-c C-x are all characters used on this line.

Comment

Testing with FireFox browser

If the integer value can be from 0 to +2,147,483,647 , I have to test for each order of magnitude for PKS to work.

Truncate string - remove whitespace, leading or trailing - not inter-string spaces
            one or another variation of TRIM, STRIP or recursive test for whitespace and replace

String handling in P3K requires that you either know or test for string content. When Packing changing numerics into strings, I can't know at design-time, so this requires a lot of overhead code to test the numeric before converting -or- a lot of packing/extracting/comparing to whitespace and remove contiguous blocks of leading/trailing whitespace.

And that concludes the test of the really long message to see if we get a 404 error.

Comment

Way long post.

Comment

kewakl attempt

Originally posted by howalter View Post

my attempt at posting this

2014/11/06 testing edit for 404 ---- works
                Last edited by kewakl; 11-06-2014, 12:12 PM. Reason: testing 404

Comment

that worked, but I could NOT edit it. 404

I can edit this 1 time

i can edit this 2 times

2014/11/04 attempted to edit post 8 -- 404
                  Last edited by kewakl; 11-04-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by howalter View Post

I have made this change in the quoted text.

Replying to my own message may not be right, but the test is fair. This text is outside the quoted text.

Comment

All of these tests did not test the use of brackets. So here is a reply that has an open bracket, like this [, in the text.

Maybe this will cause the 404 error.

--- No, that didn't do it either.
                      Last edited by howalter; 10-31-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Oh well, thanks for going along for the ride.

Comment

I just got the 404 in Firefox 23.0, but was able to post this response and another in an ancient Iron 22.0.

Comment

seems like the 404 is fixed

thread post #7

Comment

I'm getting 404 errors now. Let's see if this works.
                              There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Working...
                              X